Sunday, August 23, 2009

What is the best anti virus internet security package out at the moment?

Ive got avg free edition, but it cant stop trojan horse viruses from keeping appearing!



I dont want norton because it slows down my computer too much.



Is mcafee any good?



What is the best anti virus internet security package out at the moment?virus protection software



"is McAfee any good" would be an understatement. McAfee is one of the best Internet Security Suites ever. But as u mentioned abt norton, McAfee 2007 Slows down the computer slightly,definitely not as much as norton does. As of now BitDefender is the market leader, and i was bowled over by its performance. After installing BitDefender my pc was working with the speed which i had experienced without any antivirus installed a few months back. So u can be assured that BitDefender wont put ur pc in the first gear.



a side by side comparison is availablefor ur reference:



http://internet-security-suite-review.to...



What is the best anti virus internet security package out at the moment?adware



I'm a former Norton user. You're right about it slowing your computer; that's one of the reasons I stopped using Norton. I tried McAfee but I didn't care for it. What I've been using for a few years that I'm happy with is Zone Alarm Internet Security Suite ($70 and worth every penny). It has a firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware. It's easy to install, configure, and keep updated. Scans and updates can be set to automatic so you won't have to remember to do them. Scans don't use up too much system resources so you can continue with what you're doing without too much slow down. All in all an excellent security suite and I whole-heartedly recommend it. You only need one firewall and one anti-virus program but one anti-spyware program isn't enough. I use Ad-Aware 2007 ($30; more protection than the free version); Spybot Search And Destroy; and Spyware Blaster. I have very little and very few problems with malware. I also recommend CCleaner to keep your Registry clean.
AOL Active Virus Shield is the best free antivirus program at catching viruses, and it is better than mcafee or norton.

No comments:

Post a Comment