Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm having a problem unistalling Mcafee security centre?

I know to go to control panel to the install/uninstall window but when I select uninstall it states I have to first uninstall all mcafee.com sevices first?I'm not sure what that means(I used a disc that I got with my computer but it doesn't work properly)



I'm having a problem unistalling Mcafee security centre?spyware



If you have your original mcafee CD, try running the installer, it will give you an option to upgrade or remove your current mcafee install.



You can also manually remove mcafee but this is a tedious task,this involves editing your services, registry etc, Try first by using the mcafee cd you have.



I'm having a problem unistalling Mcafee security centre?virus scan



Disconnect yourself from the internet. Go to My Computer on your desktop and right-click. Click on Manage and click on services and applications then click on services. After the list populates stop all services associated with McAfee by right clicking and click on Stop.



Option1:



Go to add/ remove programs and it should work this time.



Option 2 if option 1 doesn't work you may have to reinstall everything



Go to C:/ Program Files/ McAfee and delete the entire folder.



Go to Start on the desktop and click on run



Type 'regedit' click Enter



At the top of the tree click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ Software/ Find the McAfee folder right click and delete.



Do the same steps for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.



****Please be careful to not delete any other keys because it could mess your PC.



Go to your recycle bin and empty. Run the Add/ Remove Programs



Then reboot your machine.
try this



control panel%26gt;add/remove programs%26gt;choose Mcafee%26gt;uninstall

No comments:

Post a Comment