Sunday, August 23, 2009

Problems with my computer; opening folders and task manager?

I dbl click on one of my folders in windows and a search box opens, not the contents of the folder. I have to right click to actually open it. Word documents open correctly. I also have lost part of my task manager. I searched for viruses etc. and that all came out clean. Any idea what happened and how to fix it. Thank you, I appreciate any help. P.S. I have a new Internet Security program - Kaspersky. Could it possibly cause this? But I've had it for a few months and this paticular problem just started? I am looking to switch though, it wasn't compatible with my Outlook Express from the begining. Help...thanks!



Problems with my computer; opening folders and task manager?virus removal



It sounds like your computer has a memory problem. It might be getting ready to crash. Your new Internet Security Progam probably has nothing to do with it.



Problems with my computer; opening folders and task manager?anti virus protection



if you have XP.........WINDOWS..............then restore your computer..............................
Try searching for spyware/malware. You can find programs to do this by performing a google search for "spyware remover".
Try Kelly's Korner's fix. These type of stuff commonly (and randomly) appears and sometimes it's just that your PC messed around for awhile. The fix can be found here:



http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edi...



It's a .reg file and so you have to right click and save it onto your computer. Run it and allow it to add the contents to your registry. Good luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment